This TikTok About A Boy’s Surgery Shows Why You Should Never Use A Wire Brush To Clean Your Grill

February 28, 2023

BuzzFeed News

“When they’re ingested with food, they tend to be lodged in the throat,” said Dr. Yomna Nassef, an emergency physician in New York City and spokesperson for the American College of Emergency Physicians. But Nassef personally saw one case where the wire had punched a hole in the esophagus.

“Any time there’s a perforation, that’s a very dangerous situation,” she said. “It can cause infection and can require surgery and antibiotics and may even be deadly.”

Click here to read the full article. 

Read more In the News

In the News Public Education