Parents: Make Sure These Health Forms Are Sorted out Before Your Kid Goes to College

August 24, 2020


These forms aren’t included in a college packet, so where can families find them and fill them out? Some or all of the forms may be available via the college student health clinic. Start there. Alternatively, the National Hospice and Palliative Care offers free state-specific advance directives that include medical POA, or you can contact an estate attorney.

For convenience, physicians recommend using online medical information programs or mobile apps such as the MyDirectives app. This app provides critical healthcare information, authorizations, and care objectives in emergency situations, says Rade Vukmir, MD, JD, Professor or Emergency Medicine at Drexel University, emergency and critical care physician, and spokesperson for American College of Emergency Physicians. Students can set it to be accessible in front of their phone lock.

Please click here to read the full article


Read more In the News

Health and Safety Tips In the News